Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Linker error on windows
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-16 12:05:13

>> > I am using BOOST to do math and have not been able to get the
>> > "findroot_demo.cpp" example of root finding to work. There seem to be a
>> > reference to rint(), which is not implemented in the C++ library for
>> > windows. How can I solve this - my understanding of BOOST is that it is
>> > cross-platform?

Unfortunately this is either a Boost or an MSVC bug depending upon your
point of view :-(

Boost.Interval depends upon a number of std lib rounding functions to do
it's work. One of them is "rint" which MSVC used to supply, but for some
reason recent releases have simply dropped it, with no suitable replacement.
If you google for msvc and rint you should find some replacements for that
function.

HTH, John.