Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Polygon] Test among 3 libraries
From: TONGARI (tongari95_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-17 09:44:04

2010/9/8 Simonson, Lucanus J <lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden]>

> Was it possible that the "erroneous" vertical lines within the polygons
> were the hole fracturing lines that I insert if your result type is
> polygon_concept rather than polygon_with_holes_concept?
>
> The result type is std::list<polygon_type>, polygon_set_concept I think,
where polygon_type I defined is polygon_concept.

This small program shows the visual result of 2 polygons clipping, and the
resultant ploygons are represented as blue outlines(contours).

The input ploygons are taken from Boost.Polygon's unit test, so I would
expect the result to be correct at least in this case.

But when doing "union", Boost.Polygon shows me the wierd result,* [1]*,
seems like all distinct polygons are merged into one contour, while the
correct one should be *[2]
Screen shots:
[1]**http://tinyurl.com/27fwxfn*
*[2]http://tinyurl.com/26w3qj6*