Subject: [Boost-users] Using boost::interprocess shared memory for both 32-bit and 64-bit processes
From: Jonathon (thejunkjon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-20 10:32:44

Hello,

I would like to read/write from/to boost::interprocess shared memory
segments from a 32-bit process and a 64-bit process on the same
machine. Is this possible? I've attempted to do this, but I seem to
be experiencing some compatibility issues. Note that I am
reading/writing boost::inteprocess containers to shared memory.

For example, in my 32-bit process, I'll add some data to a
boost::interprocess::vector and when I read this data from my 64-bit
process, it returns garbage. Are there compiler options I can set to
make things compatible?

If it is not possible to do this, what are some possible solutions for this?

Thanks,