Subject: [Boost-users] Compiling boost::regex v4 with VC8 on Windows
From: Wolfgang Goldbach (w.goldbach_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-21 09:07:16

  Hi,

In my current project boost::regex was used previously from version v3
(boost 1.30.2) and there was no problem.
Because I use a third party SDK that contains boost 1.33.1 I want to use
boost and regex (v4) from this SDK.
In the project there is a source file that includes "boost/regex.hpp".
In the release version the file compiles, but in the debug version I get
a lot of errors like:

char_regex_traits.hpp(34) : error C2976: 'boost::regex_traits' : too few
template arguments
/basic_regex.hpp(186) : error C2825: 'traits': must be a class or
namespace when followed by '::'
basic_regex.hpp(186) : error C2039: 'size_type' : is not a member of
'`global namespace''

I have now removed the preprocessor definition '_DEBUG' from the VC8
project that contains the source file but this makes no difference.
Is there any idea what's going on here ?

Wolfgang