Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Filesystem] String corruption in path in V3 and Boost 1.44
From: Timothy Madden (terminatorul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-22 12:34:53

On 22.09.2010 18:10, Will Watts wrote:
> In article<i7d30l$afa$1_at_[hidden]>, Timothy Madden wrote:
>
>> I have a similar problem with remove_all(), that is also fixed with a
>> wstring (actually path::string_type) instead of a local TCHAR [] buffer,
>
> Aha - so we both think it is probably a bug, then? If nothing else, it is
> certainly a trap.
>
> Do you happen to know if the Filesystem maintainer monitors this list, or if
> we should be making our case elsewhere?

Yes, I think it is a bug. My code also worked with V2 and boost 1.43,
and after upgrading to V3 and 1.44 it crashed.

I do not know about the Filesystem maintainer, but we need a minimal
example to reproduce the problem to make our case elsewhere, that is on
the bug tracker or on another list.

Timothy Madden