Subject: [Boost-users] [BGL] SPPRC formulation
From: Adam Spargo (aws_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-23 06:55:21

Hi,
I would like to use the r_c_shortest_paths algorithm. My constraint is
that given pairs of vertices i, j (each i have a single mate j) must have
a distance between them which is consistent with a given distribution. I
am looking for the path which is most consistent with this distribution.
Does anybody have any experience of formulating such a constraint in BGL?

The second problem is that I am currently modelling the problem with an
undirected graph. The edges could be viewed as bi-directional, but only
due to the double stranded nature of DNA. Once I have started on a path I
just choose the label which is consistent with the direction I am going,
but the graph is essentially undirected, you can always go in either
direction down an edge. Could an undirected graph be used with this
algorithm or must I use a directed graph?

I have tried to ask this question before, hopefully this time I have
phrased it better - plus I am actually ready to code it now.

As always, any advice gratefully received.

Adam.

--
Dr Adam Spargo
High Performance Assembly Group   email: aws_at_[hidden]