Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Compiling / Linking Boost::RegEx for x64 targets fails
From: Andrew Holden (aholden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-27 12:38:11

On Monday, September 27, 2010 7:06 AM, Andi Clemens wrote:
> I used the boost library installer from boostpro to install the 32 bit
> version on my system. All projects compile and link fine for the 32
bit
> target in Visual Studio 2005.
>
> But when I switch to the x64 platform target, I get linker errors. So
> decided to compile boost myself, with the following command:
>
> bjam.exe --build-dir=e:\boost-build --build-type=complete
--toolset=msvc --address-model=64

> and installed the result in a separate lib_x64 folder in the boost
> installation from boostpro.
>
> All projects with the x64 target add this path to the linker settings.
> The libs are found, but when I compile the project, I get the
following
> linker errors:
>
> http://pastebin.com/saQMtFwX
>
> All problems seem to be related to the regex library.
>
> I then created a complete new project with a simple source code, just
> for testing purposes:
>
> http://pastebin.com/QyQRiQ5p
>
> It compiles fine with the w32 target, but not with the x64 target
> (libary path has been changed accordingly).
>
> Is there any known issue when using regex with x64?
> Do I have to set some variables first to make this link correctly?

I have had no issues getting regex working with Windows x64.

If I understand correctly, you are using the header files from the
boostpro installer and the libraries from the source distribution. Is
this correct?

Are you certain that your boostpro and source packages are for the same
version of boost? Please make sure that you didn't, for example, get
boostpro 1.43 and source 1.44.

If you still have your source package, it may be worthwhile to set your
include path for x64 builds to point to the source package and recompile
your program.