Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] visualizing large graphs
From: Cedric Laczny (cedric.laczny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-01 04:30:00

Hi,

after having had some trouble with the installation, I could finally test
Tulip. My graph is fairly small at the moment, with about 10k nodes and 20k
edges. I'll have to test if it would work in cytoscape, but I doubt it. In
that sense, I really like Tulip because it behaves nicely and I can imagine
that it will do this also for larger graphs. Although, I don't know how large
they really can get.
What kind of disappointed me are the layout algorithms in Tulip. Even though
there might be some plugin-layouts which I haven't tested, this is really
nicely working in cytoscape. Installing e.g. the HistogramView-plugin failed
due to not understandable reasons.
In total, I would say that Tulip is not really helpful in my case, sadly.

Therefore, I hope that some of you may have other solutions or suggestions to
the problem.

Best,

Cedric