Subject: Re: [Boost-users] CreateProcess
From: Alexandre Quessy (alexandre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-02 12:00:52

Hello,

2010/9/23 Boris Schaeling <boris_at_[hidden]>:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:53:47 +0200, TONGARI <tongari95_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> 2010/9/23 Klaim <mjklaim_at_[hidden]>
>>> Boost.Process might be what you need. It's still in working but almost
>>> finished, you can try it :
>>> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2010/process/
>>> http://www.highscore.de/boost/gsoc2010/process.zip
>>
> Boost.Process is heavily discussed on the developer mailing list (since 15
> August) and was updated a few times. The documentation was not updated
> though (this will be done once discussions end and the API is stable again;
> otherwise the documentation would need to be updated all the time, too). It
> looks like we are nearly there though (there was another major update on
> Sunday - now only some details are left and need to be changed). Here's the
> thread if you are interested (and have lots of time ;):
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/207594

That's great news! A lot of work has been done since already a few
years. I have one comment (though did not read the whole dev thread!)

pistream v/s postream:

I would use different names for those. Usually, we call those streams
standard input and output. I would say the stdin of the child should
be called pistream, even from the parent's point of view. Another
solution would be to call those "source" and "sink", such as
psrcstream and psinkstream.

Best regards,

--
Alexandre Quessy