Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Users! Who'd like to wave goodbye to #ifdef BOOST_MSVC6_* workarounds?
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-04 14:36:06

On Oct 4, 2010, at 10:51 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> [...]

I disagree.

I'm confident that there are places where removing VC6 support is more trouble than it is worth.
I'm _also_ confident that there are places where removing VC6 will lead to simpler, easier to maintain code.

So, I guess my vote is a '0' - I think that the library maintainers should decide for their own library(ies).

[ FWIW, I think that removing VC6-specific code is, in the abstract, a good idea. ]

> (And whoever suggested it would be fun needs to get out more ;-)

That's a completely different discussion ;-)

-- Marshall