Subject: Re: [Boost-users] PGI compile problem with lanczos_sse2.hpp
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-05 04:45:10

>I am trying to link to a library that uses some code from boost. So far I
>have been able to build the code under gcc, intel and pathscale compilers.
>However, I get about 100 errors from this file under pgi (versions 7.1, 7.2
>and 10.1)
>
> boost/boost/math/special_functions/detail/lanczos_sse2.hpp
>
> I have copied the first few error messages to the end of this email. My
> suspicion is that some settings are not correct for this compilation under
> PGI. I did check that the header files used by "lanczos_sse2.hpp" were
> present. I don't have any experience with the SSE/SSE2 optimizations.
>
> FYI, our build system uses bjam, so there is a Jamfile for boost, which I
> can send if needed.

Sigh... I'm guessing that the compiler is pretending to be GCC but isn't
actually implementing everything that's needed?

Oh wait, the following code:

#if defined(__GNUC__) || defined(__PGI)
#define ALIGN16 __attribute__((aligned(16)))
#else
#define ALIGN16 __declspec(align(16))
#endif

should have set the ALIGN16 macro, is __PGI not defined so it takes the
wrong branch? If so what macro should I be testing for there?

Thanks, John.