Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost-users] [bind][function] - too many copies
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-08 07:19:27

At Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:50:16 -0600,
OvermindDL1 wrote:

> I do agree that this is a monumentally obnoxious signature, please fix
> it, your emails are not going to a 'sole' person anyway, they are
> going to hundreds if not many thousands as well as being permanently
> archived in multiple places on the Internet.

FWIW, I don't know about this case, but most people who post with such
"obnoxious" signatures don't have a choice; they either get added
automatically or by mandate, by one's employer. However, it's
sometimes an option to get a gmail account or other web-based service
to use for such posting. You can also post through gmane, although
GMane sure doesn't make it easy.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing