Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [array][bind] Binding boost array to a boost function
From: Ryan McConnehey (mccorywork_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-11 15:46:35

michi7x7 wrote:
> Am 11.10.2010 01:59, schrieb Ryan McConnehey:
> Hi,
>
> yes it is, but you need to pass the template-parameters:
>
> Sorter<int, 8> shell(boost::bind(quicksort<int, 8>, _1));
>
> or simply
>
> Sorter<int, 8> shell(quicksort<int,8>);
>
> Regards,
>
> michi7x7
By binding to the exact template parameters it makes the Sorter not as
flexible as I'm hoping. If I have two boost arrays defined like so.

boost::array<int, 100> base10power2;
boost::array<int, 1000> base10power3;

Is there a way to just bind the array type but not the size. This would
let me call the same method with different size arrays.

Sorter<int, ?> shell(boost::bind(quicksort<int, ?>, _1));

shell(base10power2);
shell(base10power3);

Ryan