Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Question about Boost License and commercial software
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-18 16:00:29

The following is what I understand from it, but I am not a lawyer either.

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:09 AM, marc_elias_at_[hidden]
<marc_elias_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working in a company that want to use boost libraries to a commercial
> software.
> I have a pair of questions:
> 1. Is it possible to distribute under the boost license a commercial
> software (so the source code won't be exposed) programmed with static boost
> libraries?

The boost license is not an open source license, so no, you do not
need to release your source code in any way shape or form.

<marc_elias_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 2. And with linked libraries to an executable?

Ditto. The boost license pretty much just states that you can do
whatever you want with it without misrepresenting it, you do not even
need to say that you are using it anywhere, but if you make changes to
it, you cannot claim it as boost anymore.