Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Methods prefixed by cdecl?
From: Ven Tadipatri (ven.tadipatri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-20 11:18:24

On 10/20/2010 03:37 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>> I'm using Windows 7 (64 bit) and I'm trying to compile and link my code
>> against the regex libraries. It compiles fine, but at link time, it can't
>> find any of the methods in the regex library. But the methods it's looking
>> for are prefixed by "__cdecl". I've tried compiling my code with the /Gd
>> and /Gz options, and neither seemed to work.
> Are you letting the auto-linking code select the correct regex .lib file to
> link against, or are you linking manually?
>
> I ask because those are the kinds of errors you may get if you select the
> wrong .lib to link to.
I'm selecting the right .lib file - libboost_regex-vc100-mt-gd-1_38.lib.
We're actually using Maven to build our project, and based on the
debugging output, it's pulling the right library.
This is the line we used to compile the boost libraries:

bjam toolset=msvc-10.0 variant=debug link=static threading=multi stage

Are there other parameters that need to be specified?
> HTH, John.

Thanks,
Ven