Subject: [Boost-users] Boost Fiber Compile error -- Boost task
From: Glenn Macgregor (gmacgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-20 12:04:56

Hi All,

I am in the process of trying to get boost task compiled and working with Boost 1.43.0. As far as I can tell it relies on boost fiber and boost context as well so I got them from the boost vault.

I am using:

* boost.context-0.2.0

* boost.fiber-0.5.1

* boost.task-0.4.2

I have copied these into my boost 1.43.0 build area and have run bjam as normal:

Component configuration:

    - context : not building
    - date_time : not building
    - fiber : building
    - filesystem : not building
    - graph : not building
    - graph_parallel : not building
    - iostreams : not building
    - math : not building
    - mpi : not building
    - program_options : not building
    - python : not building
    - random : not building
    - regex : not building
    - serialization : not building
    - signals : not building
    - system : not building
    - task : not building
    - test : not building
    - thread : not building
    - wave : not building

Below is the first couple errors I get but all of the following errors are of the same type:

.\boost/fiber/strategy.hpp(123) : error C2492: 'boost::fibers::strategy::active_
fiber' : 'thread' data may not have dll interface
.\boost/fiber/strategy.hpp(123) : error C2492: 'protected: static boost::fibers:
:fiber * boost::fibers::strategy::active_fiber' : 'thread' data may not have dll
 Interface

This seems to have to do with the __declspec(thread) but I am not very familiar with that so I can't really do much debugging.

My build environment is:

Windows XP64
VisualStudio 2008

Thanks in advance for any help.