Subject: Re: [Boost-users] building boost with the windows sdk 7.1
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-21 12:22:51

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:07:26AM -0400, Bryce Lelbach wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:45:23 +0100
> Sean Farrow <sean.farrow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I need to build boost with the windows sdk v7.`1. I've got vs2010 (10.0)
> > instaloled and the sdk. If there anything specific I need to do to build with
> > 7.1 as aposed to 7.0? Cheers Sean.
>
> Do you have service pack 1 installed, for 7.1? If not, you should probably install
> it (my knowledge of windows is limited, I'm assuming by windows sdk v7.1 you mean
> some packaged kit of software based around MSVC-7.1).

No, the "Windows SDK" is what was long ago named "Platform SDK", that
is, up to date system headers and libraries, as well as assorted
utilities.

Older Visual Studio versions used to bundle copies of the system headers
inside the VS version, but that's not quite scalable when it comes to
updating said headers and libraries, so they were factored out to the
Platform SDK, and eventually solely in the Windows SDK.

If you happen to find yourself on a Windows machine, you'll find a
couple of SDKs in "Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows".

Now, for the OP's question, I have no idea, but it would require setting
up different include, lib and tool paths, as the SDK contains everything
from headers to libraries to things like manifest tools.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]