Subject: Re: [Boost-users] load a serialized object into Matlab?
From: Robert Valkenburg (rj.valkenburg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-22 17:08:10

We have done quite a bit of this type of thing, serialising data from a 3D
scanner and then reading back into Matlab for analysis. We did exactly what
Diederick suggested, wrote mex files. We serialise out of the scanner with
boost serialisation and unserialise in the mex files with boost
serialiation. Then the problem is really just one of mapping your C++ data
structure to an equivalent data structure in Matlab.

 The serialisation part is easy, the mex interface to matlab however is not
so nice.