Subject: Re: [Boost-users] order of headers with Boost.Serialization and Boost.MPI
From: Riccardo Murri (riccardo.murri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-24 15:52:24

Hi Matthias,

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Matthias Troyer <troyer_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Unfortunately your example is not self-contained and I thus cannot reproduce the problem

Here's all files needed to compile the example (gmp.h and gmpxx.h come
from GMP 5.0.1);
I get errors if I include GMP [include block (3) in foo.c] _before_
Boost.MPI [include block (2)].
A dump of the compiler errors is in files errorsXXX.txt (where XXX =
order of the include blocks in foo.c)

In the real code the situation is actually worse, because depending on
the order of includes I either get errors like those in the attached
dumps, or the compiler complains that there is no `serialize` method
in class `mpq_class` (true, indeed I'm trying to use the non-intrusive
approach). I've not been able -so far- to distil a minimal example
that reproduces exactly the problem I'm having with the real code...

I'm using Boost 1.44.0 on GCC 4.4.5 (Ubuntu 10.10).

Thanks for any help!