Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Changes breaking behavior of operators /, /= and << in filesystem v3?
From: Roel Vanhout (roel.vanhout_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-25 10:12:54

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 3:36 PM, PB <newbarker_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Are you hitting the situation described here?:
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4640
> It's something to do with the new template constructor being templated
> on the array type and not the pointer type.
> I had the same problem when I upgraded and got around the issue by
> using &buf[0] rather than buf.

Yes, this looks like the same issue, at least the symptoms are the
same. I browsed through the bug database but didn't make the
connection, I figured it had something to do with the encoding. Seems
like this part of my question is answered then, I'll just have to find
all occurrences in my code and work around it. My initial 'fix' of
adding a "\" through a std::string concatenation was just a variation
on the second 'fix' I realized later, as it just converted everything
into a std::string; so the fixed array being used is the only variable
that is left to reproduce the issue.

regards,

Roel