Subject: [Boost-users] [OT] Permuting graphs
From: Cedric Laczny (cedric.laczny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-26 05:45:59

Hi,

of course, this general topic is off-topic as it is not directly relatod to the
Boost Graph Library. And I want to apologize for that in the first place.
However, I think that many using the BGL may also have to deal sometimes with
such problems. Therefore, I am addressing this question here and hope to find
some answers ;)
The question is about permuting a graph in order to assess the statistical
significance of a certain aspect of the original graph. Sometimes, it is enough
to randomly re-wire the existing edges, but other times, more elaborate
techniques are necessary.
Do you have some literature or references addressing this fact? I am
especially interested in topology-conserving permutations (of tripartite
graphs).
Thank you.

Best reagards,

Cedric Laczny