Subject: [Boost-users] std::string corrupt after including boost
From: Simon Adler (Simon.Adler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-28 11:50:32

Hello,

I think the behavior of the std::string is just an example but in my
application it seems to me
the first stl element that is used.

I have a larger project working with CLR in MC++. I included boost,
because of boost::thread.
Because auf the .net and CLR linking I compiled boost als shared libs and
included
BOOST_DYN_LINK in the preprocessor definitions. Compilation works fine.

If i start the application in Debug mode i get strange behavior of my
strings which results in
a crash. For example an assignment like

std::string test = "123";

will result in a string representation with additional malformed signs in
front of the "123".
I knew some behavior like this because of the Flags:

#define _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING 0
#define _SECURE_SCL 0
#define _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS

I usually not using them, but i have the suspicion that boost is using
them and i got errors
from there.
Has anyone an idea what are possible solutions? Is boost introducing
additional Macros
that were changing the stl?

Greetings

Simon Adler