Subject: [Boost-users] how to build non-boost asio without boost
From: Jeff Graham (Jeff.Graham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-01 18:13:12

Everyone,

I need a header-only version of ASIO for a stripped-down embedded
system.

I downloaded the latest and greatest asio version 1.4.5 from Chris
Kohlkoff's think-asyn.com website. This version

is supposedly the "boost-free" version. But I cannot get it to configure
without boost.

The web page certainly suggests "building" asio boost-free is possible.
The release notes do not indicate otherwise.

OTOH, the documentation only mentions configuring WITH boost. And, as
mentioned in other discussions, the headers

are full of #includes for boost files.

I tried several obvious variations for configure that all fail,
insisting on using boost (which does not exist on my system):

            ./configure -without-boost

            ./configure -without-boost

            ./configure -with-boost=no

            ./configure -with-boost=

Could some kind soul please explain what I am doing wrong? I don't have
bcp, but if I did, would that work?

Thanks