Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Any] Operator ==
From: Hossein Haeri (powerprogman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-03 12:20:22

OvermindDL1 wrote:

> Actually it would be possible.  For example, Adobe's Any version has a
> streaming operator (which throws I think if the stored type
> does not support streaming, or just does not accept it, one or the
> other).

Would you mind providing a link to that please?

>  The way it does it can easily be extended to handle a == of the
> internal value (not just the type) as well.

Actually, I found out that I can store addresses of objects of type any in a set and get my desired functionality. But, I would still need to implement a wrapper around Boost.Any.

> Hmm, perhaps it is time for an extended Boost.Any that
> supports
> 'concepts' of a sort of the stored types.  Hmm,
> Boost.Proto could
> probably simplify the scaffolding a lot as well...

In fact, I'm in need of that for a maniac idea to be used by my Proto components. So, I would be interested to hear more about this if you don't mind.

TTFN,
--Hossein