Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [range] multiple adaptors on sequense
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-03 12:22:55

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Sam Fisher <infest21h_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to apply multiple adaptors to a range-base sequence?
> Is looks like possible for simple types:

It is possible and indeed commonly done. It is a core design goal and
advantage of ranges that lengthy composition works, and is readable. There
is no fundamental undocumented constraint of which I am aware than those I
have documented.

<snip code sample>

Your example works perfectly if you replace the pheonix bind operations with
functors. Hence this appears to be a compatibility issue between the
transform iterator and pheonix bind.

I will investigate further and report back, but I wanted to let respond with
what I know now in case this helps.

> What I'm doing wrong?
> I use MSVS 2010 and boost trunk.

It is likely that you are doing nothing wrong. I would like all of the Boost
libraries to integrate perfectly with Boost.Range and your use-case looks
perfectly sensible.

> Thanks,
> Sam

Regards,