Subject: [Boost-users] the name of installed Boost libraries, with or without '-gcc'
From: weining hao (weininghao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-07 10:05:17

Hi,

I have installed boost 1.33-1 in SLES (SUSE Linux Enterprise
Server) 11 manually by bjam 3.12, and in SLES10 sp2 via YAST2 (with the
defalut bjam 3.1.4). I found that the installed libraries in SLES 11
are always with the postfix '-gcc', which is not appeared in the
libraries in SLES 10 sp2 (For example, "libboost_filesystem-gcc.o" in
SLES 11, but "libboost_filesystem.o" in SLES10 sp2). The '-gcc' also
exists in the library name in SLES 9.3.

Is it configurable to be with or without '-gcc', and in which file? Is it related to the SLES version, or bjam version?

It is appreciated that you give some hints!

Best regards,
Weining