Subject: Re: [Boost-users] circular_buffer, debug and invalid iterator checking
From: Anthony Foglia (AFoglia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-08 10:34:28

Jan Gaspar wrote:
> If you a problem only with iterator invalidation (which works in
> debug mode only) you can disable it completely. The documentation
> says: The debug support is enabled only in the debug mode (when the
> NDEBUG is not defined). It can also be explicitly disabled (only for
> circular_buffer) by defining BOOST_CB_DISABLE_DEBUG macro.

How would that work is my code is linked with other code that doesn't
turn off the BOOST_CB_DISABLE_DEBUG macro? I would imagine there would
only be a problem if some other code is using a circular buffer to hold
the same type I am (which is probably the case, but puts a requirement
on other people's code). Is that it?

--
Anthony Foglia
Princeton Consultants