Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [xpressive] Using it with input iterators or how far the backtracing will go back
From: Alex Dubov (oakad_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-08 12:36:12

Nat Linden <nat <at> lindenlab.com> writes:

> Once upon a time, the Serialization library came with backtracking input
iterators used to parse XML input files with Spirit. I briefly glanced over
more recent Serialization documentation without spotting them. Do they still
exist?

Yes, in a way.
Spirit only requires forward iterators, not bidi ones, like xpressive. Input
iterators can be adapted to become forward ones in a fairly straightforward
way, and indeed, spirit has a customizable multi_pass iterator adapter to do
just that.

Up until now I thought spirit to be an overkill for my stuff, but I'm
considering using it now.