Subject: [Boost-users] [asio] __sync_lock_test_and_set problem, cross-compiling for ARM
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-09 07:37:57

Hello,

I'm trying to cross-compile my project for Android (Win, cygwin,
crystax-ndk). The linker emits the following error:
../asio/detail/gcc_fenced_block.hpp:41: undefined reference to
`__sync_lock_test_and_set_4'

I understand that in 1.44 I can disable this "fenced-block" by
defining BOOST_ASIO_DISABLE_FENCED_BLOCK, but I'm not sure it's safe
to do this.
IUUC, __sync_lock_test_and_set gcc function is unavailable for some
older arm-based platforms, but should be available for the newer ones,
shouldn't it? So maybe I have to define some compiler flag to enable
it?
I'd appreciate any idea.

Thanks.