Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [StateChart] event processing order inasyncmachine
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-11 04:21:53

Hi,

After some more thorough testing, it seems that there's another
"regression". Unfortunately, I haven't managed to make a simple
reproducing test, so in the meanwhile I'll just describe it verbally:
I've got a state, which performs post_event() inits destructor; this
event is to be processed by an orthogonal state. What I observe is
that the event is neither processed by any state, nor "pops up" to
unconsumed_event(). But IIUC, there're no more options, are there?
Please note that this specific event is *not* deferred by any state -
it's always posted from one single state and processed by another
orthogonal state. But there're a lot of other deferred events, so my
guess is that it's getting stuck somewhere due to the recent changes
in the deferral mechanism. Is it possible?

In the meanwhile, I worked-around this issue by going up to queue_event:
machine.my_scheduler().queue_event(machine.my_handle(), ...);

Thanks again!