Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::bind memory leak
From: bit bit (g_rambot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-13 21:11:48

In general I follow the no-destr-throw rule. But i am trying to keep as much debugging information and if possible even recover. If it's impossible I just assert and terminate the appl. I repeat, it's just for this special case where I need all debugging inf. It's an API and I do not have control over code which is called inside ShutDown so that I can make it no-throw too.

  void CleanUp throw()
  {
       // do whatever
  };

  void ShutDown()
  {
      if (uncaught_exception())
      {
               try
               {
                     // do whatever
               }
               catch(...)
               {
                     assert("screwed");
               };
      }
      else
      {
               try

               {

                     // do whatever

               }

               catch(...)

               {

                     // recover code
                     throw;

               };
      };
  };

    void func2()

    {
        try
        {
            shared_ptr<void> cleanup (static_cast<void*>(0), bind(&A::CleanUp, this)); // both need to be called

            shared_ptr<void> shutdown(static_cast<void*>(0), bind(&A::ShutDown, this)); // both need to be called

        }
        catch(...)
        {};
    };

Well maybe i just need to delete the uncaught_exception, keep the first if condition and call it a day. Angry API users after that. :D