Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Hybrid parallelism, no more + mpi+serialization, many questions
From: Hicham Mouline (hicham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-16 15:52:19

I'm a bit unclear.
MPI uses serialization to serialize user-defined types (you write the
serialize template function).
I don't know if MPI lets you choose if you want a binary archive or a
text/xml archive.
If you can choose the binary archive, wouldn't the issue then be with
serialization and not MPI?

What about primitive types like a double? This will be a quick test.

regards,