Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost-users] Compiling boost (4-way) 1.44.0 on MAC
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-26 12:21:30

Samir Kharchi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build a static library version of boost 1.44.0 on MAC OSX
> 10.5.8 (XCode 3.1.4) using bjam
> for the architectures ppc, ppc64, x86_64,i386. It builts everything just
> fine but I never get all architectures included.
> There is always at least one architecture missing.
>
> My command is:
> bjam toolset=darwin architecture=combined link=static threading=multi
> variant=release address-model=32_64

Please open darwin.jam, and locate the line that reads:

         # Build 3-way binary
           options = -arch i386 -arch ppc -arch x86_64 ;

Before it, add

        ECHO "FORCING 3-WAY BINARY $(osx-version)" ;

and try again. If that message is printed, copy-paste is here so that
I know what the version is. Either you're actually on 1.6, or the
logic that decides that you're on it is fauly in unobvious way.

- Volodya