Subject: Re: [Boost-users] NewBie: help needed generating documentation with quickbook and bjam
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-06 07:13:49

On 6 December 2010 11:28, Wilhelm <wilhelm.meier_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Ok, thank you for this advise. I'm now able to generate the documentation.
>
> The next question is how to enable non-US language for all generated
> sections e.g. "Table of Contents". I tried to set the XSL parameter
> "lang=de" but that seems to have no effect.
>
> Any hints?

I think you have to set the language in the docbook document itself,
adding 'lang=de' to the root element. There's currently no support for
the lang attribute in quickbook. If you can wait it's pretty trivial
to implement (should just take a day or two, and will be released in a
few months). If you can't, you have to write a boostbook/docbook
document and use 'xi:include' to include the quickbook documentation.
I'll write an example for you later if you wish, or you can look at
'doc/src/boost.xml' which uses a lot of quickbook generated
documentation.

In boostbook you should currently only use the docbook document types
(such as book, chapter etc. not 'boostbook' or 'library') as the
'lang' attribute is lost when converting boostbook document types from
to docbook document types. I'll also fix that in the next release.

And finally, you'll need to avoid anything that generates text during
the boostbook to docbook conversion. I think that's just the reference
documentation features, although there might be other parts. I'm
afraid I don't know what's involved with implementing localisation in
xsl.

Hope that helps,

Daniel