Subject: [Boost-users] Building boost on AIX6.
From: Pat Suwalski (pat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-06 15:37:11

Hello,

I'm having a lot of difficulty building boost on AIX6 with gcc.
Searching for my problem just came up with a bunch of Windows users not
settings their variables correctly. That does not seem to be the case
for me.

I'm dealing with v1.34.1, because apparently that works well on AIX. I
had no problem building bjam. But then:

-bash-3.2$ pwd
/home/pats/boost-1.34.1
-bash-3.2$ ./tools/jam/src/bin.aix/bjam
Unable to load Boost.Build: could not find build system.
/home/pats/boost-1.34.1/boost-build.jam attempted to load the build
system by invoking

    'boost-build tools/build/v2 ;'

but we were unable to find "bootstrap.jam" in the specified directory
or in BOOST_BUILD_PATH (searching /usr/share/boost-build,
/home/pats/boost-1.34.1/tools/build/v2).

Please consult the documentation at 'http://www.boost.org'.
-bash-3.2$ ls -la /home/pats/boost-1.34.1/tools/build/v2/bootstrap.jam
-rw-r--r-- 1 pats staff 761 Oct 29 2003
/home/pats/boost-1.34.1/tools/build/v2/bootstrap.jam

Clearly the file is there. Setting explicit $BOOST_BUILD_ROOT and
$BOOST_ROOT changes nothing, other than the error message output not
mentioning /usr/share.

So, the error message is lying, or there is something less obvious
wrong. I had no issues building the same source tree on Suse and
Solaris. Any advice?

Many thanks,
--Pat