Subject: Re: [Boost-users] mpi: sending/receiving different types
From: Hicham Mouline (hicham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-07 03:41:27

Hello

During a sequence of communication, the slave processes don't know what type
to get broadcast of, next.
What should be the T in the call to broadcast.

1. the root sends a tag for the T to tell the receivers I will broadcast you
this and this. This means 2 broadcast each time

2. the root sends directly a reference to a base class of anything sendable,
then the receivers construct the derived classes on reception with
broadcast. The T is then the base class type.

3. I just thought of using boost::variant<> over all the possible types.

rds,