Subject: [Boost-users] [BGL] vertex, edge, and face properties of graph?
From: Anders Wallin (anders.e.e.wallin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-07 15:22:10

Hi All,
I'm implementing a half-edge data structure(*) based on adjacency_list.
I'm storing vertex and edge properties as bundled properties (classes
VertProps and EdgeProps), and can read/write them conveniently with
e.g.:
graph[vertexDescriptor].vertProp_a = 2
and
x = graph[edgeDescriptor].edgeProp_b
etc.

I also need to keep track of the faces of the planar graph, and I'm
wondering if there's a built-in way of doing this that would allow me
to read/write face-properties via the same syntax:
graph[faceDescriptor].faceProperty

Could I derive my half-edge-class from adjacency_list, store and
update a property-map for face-data, and provide a new overload for
operator[] that takes a faceDescriptor type? or is there a better way?
any examples available?

thanks,
AW
(*) see e.g. http://www.holmes3d.net/graphics/dcel/