Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [gil] Using gil::color_converted_view with gil::for_each_pixel (Christian Henning)
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-08 11:42:08

Hi Chris, sorry for the late reply.

>> > 2. This compiles
>> >
>> > gil::gil_function_requires<gil::ImageViewConcept<int> >();
>
>> What do you mean? This shouldn't compile?
>
> I was under the impression that the point of gil_function_requires is to do
> static checking to ensure that a type is compatible with an GIL type?
> (Something akin to BOOST_CONCEPT_ASSERT)

To have the static checking kick in you need to enable it by

#define BOOST_GIL_USE_CONCEPT_CHECK 1

before you include gil's headers.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,
Christian

PS: In case you have some free time at hand, please consider writing a
review for my gil's io extension which is currently reviewed by the
boost community. Here is the a link to the announcement:

http://lists.boost.org/boost-announce/2010/11/0273.php