Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building boost
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-09 13:17:38

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 12/9/2010 9:17 AM, Christian Henning wrote:
>>>
>>> *Sigh*.  Adding the extra argument was apparently
>>> a very bad decision on my part.  Build bjam from the
>>> source included with 1.45.
>>
>> Can I build bjam with boost header only or do I need to download the
>> correct binaries?
>
> The Boost distribution includes complete source for bjam.
> I believe that running bootstrap.bat in the root of the Boost
> tree should build bjam.

Yes, running bootstrap.bat solved my first problem. I can not build
boost with having user-config.jam in home directory. But my second
problem remains. bjam is crashing when user-config.jam is available
with

use-project boost : C:\\boost ;

Any ideas? Eventually I need to build to quickbooks and to get this
done I need to have user-config,jam

Thanks for helping out,
Christian