Subject: Re: [Boost-users] crash in boost serialization (1.44)
From: Rico (rico.cadetg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-14 03:37:08

Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:

> And you still have the crash? - maybe I'm wrong about the cause.
> Or maybe my advice doesn't go far enough.
>
> using something like
>
> ar << x // where x is an type mytype *
>
> in the mainline while the dll contains similar code might
> also create problems. I'd have to think about this some more?
>
> Robert Ramey

Yes, I still have the crash.

I have a very small sample solution that causes the crash. I have only one Dll
containing one interface (INode) and one concrete class (Node). The Node
contains a list of INode*. If I call the serialization of one Node (as an
object) from the main program, it crashes.

(1)---
Node table;
outputArchive << (const Node&)table;
Node table2;
inputArchive >> table2; // crashes

---
If the main program contains the serialization of a Node* too, it works.
(2)---
Node* pTable = ...;
outputArchive << pTable ;
Node* pTable2;
inputArchive >> pTable2; // the code (1) works without a crash now
---
I'd like you to have a look at my sample solution, can I send it to you?
Rico