Subject: [Boost-users] [DateTime] Daily Schedules
From: John Rocha (jrr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-17 11:58:47

I was looking at the DateTime library for a scheduling module in my application.
I was very excited to see time periods (time_period) and its method contains().

I could set up a time_period for say 8:00-17:00, and then when something
happened I could create a ptime and see if the time_period contains my ptime.
(i.e. did my action happen between 8:00 and 17:00.)

However, I realized that a time period is much more specific than I want. A
time_period is tied to a specific date, i.e. 8:00-17:00 on Sep. 20 1999.

I read the documentation, and I didn't see (or missed) anything that might be
what I would call an hour period -- a range of time that is independent of the
date. I don't think it's a duration, because I understood that to mean the
amount of time between two time points (i.e. +/- 5 hours).

I have some ideas on how I might extend this to achieve what I want, but before
going that route, I wanted to double check if others have encountered this and
if so how they resolved it. Was it done with a bit of the library that I'm
overlooking? Or did you have to extend the class to achieve the desired results?

Thanks in advance,

-=John