Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Request for conditional index feature in boost multi-index
From: Gokulakannan Somasundaram (gokul007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-22 06:27:18

Hi,
   Thanks for the reply. But there is a mention in random_access<> like this

"This added flexibility comes at a price: insertions and deletions at
positions other than the end of the index have linear complexity"

So isn't this a O(n) operation? But i quite gives me a hint that the
random_access<> is more like std::deque than std::vector. Can you throw me
little bit light on this? But the approach even suggests me to keep a
iterator of sequenced<> cached and use it for male insertions.

Thanks,
Gokul.