Subject: [Boost-users] [interprocess] Unmap resource of the object constructed from managed_mapped_file
From: Ryan47_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-12-22 05:42:52

Hi,

I have a managed_mapped_file and use it to dynamically construct lots of

interprocess::vector<size_t> objects(all the objects and elements are resided

in the mapped file). Now I'm looking for a way to keep the run-time memory

consumption below a certain amount. Is it possible to unmap the resource

of the vector object?

Although all the resources would be freed when the managed_mapped_file is destroyed,

but the cost of highly frequently mapping/un-mapping seems too expensive for my purpose.

Is there any way to workaround this? Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ryan