Subject: [Boost-users] Problems compiling Boost_1_45_0
From: Alex Biddulph (bidski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-30 18:41:12

Hi all,

I recently decided to try and compile/install Boost for my MSYS/MinGW64
system. I downloaded the lastest sources for both bjam (3.1.18) and
Boost itself (1.45.0). (More precise details of my sytem are below).

I compiled my own bjam with no hassle and got a bin.ntx86_64 version and
copied it to /mingw/bin. I used the generic command to build it
(./build.sh) and let it auto-detect the toolset (gcc).

However, the compilation started to fall over once I started to build
Boost itself. Using the command

/mingw/bin/bjam --prefix=/mingw/boost toolset=gcc address-model=64
variant=release link=shared threading=multi --build-type=complete stage

I first received the following error (attachment: error1.txt)

After some googling I found a bug report where someone mention the
workaround of just removing the 'ignore-minus-q' part of the statement,
this removed the errors and allowed me to continue with the build. Is
this an acceptable workaround or is there something else that I should
be doing here?

Anyways, I know receive the following errors (attachment: boost.txt and

I did some googling again and found a bug report that is very similar to
what I am getting (almost identical except for versions and setup). Here
is the link to the bug report
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4839. The attachment boostd2
uses the exact same build command as above but with -d2 tacked on the end.

Can anyone tell me why I am getting this and how I might fix it?

Regards
Bidski

System details:
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium x64
MinGW64: TDM64-GCC-4.5.1
$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=c:\mingw\bin\g++.exe
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=c:/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.5.1/lto-wrapper.exe

Target: x86_64-w64-mingw32
Configured with: ../../src/gcc-4.5.1/configure
--prefix=/crossdev/prefix-tdm64 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32
--enable-targets=all --enable-libgomp --enable-lto
--enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++
--disable-werror --disable-nls --disable-win32-registry
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-fully-dynamic-string
--with-pkgversion=tdm64-1 --with-bugurl=http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/bugs
Thread model: win32
gcc version 4.5.1 (tdm64-1)