Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Proto] Vector Example Compilation Failure
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-02 09:11:38

On 1/1/2011 11:19 AM, Hossein Haeri wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Trying the Vector example at the Proto documentation:
>
> http://boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/doc/html/proto/users_guide.html#boost_proto.users_guide.examples.vector
>
> under Boost 1.42 and GCC 4.5.1 (MinGW32, WinXP, SP3), I get the error
> message in the PS. Any ideas why this is happening? How would I solve
> the problem? (BTW, I have already tried the Boost 1.42 version of this
> example as well.)

Hi Hossein,

This is the same problem as last time, although you would need to dig
into BOOST_PROTO_DEFINE_OPERATORS to know that. As last time, this
problem doesn't not appear in Boost trunk.

I don't think gcc-4.5 was available when Boost 1.42 was released, so
it's not surprising there are problems. Would it be possible for you to
use a more recent version of Boost?

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing