Subject: [Boost-users] [boost] [units] [phoenix]
From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-03 14:09:37

>> As far as Boost.Phoenix, what are the concerns?
>
> The problem is that both units and phoenix seem to requiere a fair
> amount of glue (template) code.
> Mainly it needs to translate the units::*_typeof_helper protocol to
> phoenix::result_of_* protocol, this is needed for quantities,
> references of quantities, units and other type with which quantites
> can interact with (e.g. double) the that I managed to add is long and
> very repetitive and probably still limited. Also I hesitant to invest
> a lot of effort since something seem to be different with the upcoming
> Phoenix3.

Certainly, if all that is involved is to provide result_of_* classes that
forward to the *_typeof_helper classes that should not be a big problem.
A small demonstration of the problem in integrating Boost.Units and
Boost.Phoenix, along with a proposed solution, would be a great starting
point.

Matthias