Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Accumulators] Retract samples
From: Alex Hagen-Zanker (ahh34_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-03 17:12:58

On Jan 1 2011, Matthias Troyer wrote:

>On 24 Dec 2010, at 09:59, Alex Hagen-Zanker wrote:

>>> Hi Alex,
>>>
>>> This is not the intended use of the accumulator library.
>>>
>>> Matthias
>>>
>> I was afraid so. It is a pity because I require so much of the
>> functionality that is already in Boost Accumulators. Thanks, Alex
>
> Maybe you can reuse the framework and the accumulators, and derive new
> stats classes and a framework that has a retract feature as well? Or you
> could look at the time series library.
>
>Matthias

Yes, I think I'll reuse the framework, even though it is much more advanced
than my usual standard.

Another feature I will need to add is to accumulate subtotals. Do you know
of any issues with that? I'd like to allow the following:

acc a, b, c; // three identical accumulators
a(1); // 1
a(2); // 1 + 2

b(3); // 3
b(4); // 3 + 4