Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Mingw64 Boost Threads Build
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-04 15:36:52

On 1:59 PM, Dustin T. Clifford wrote:

> Jim,
>

> The build worked! It's the first successful MinGW64 build that I have
> had. This build was performed from within Cygwin using the mingw64
> toolset. I am attempting a build with the MinGW build you pointed me
> to. Thank again!

Glad to hear it!

> However, when I attempt to compile the archive into my library I get
> the below error.
>

> Isdmain.o:Isdmain.cpp:(.text+0x16c3): undefined reference to
> `boost::thread::start_thread()'
>
> [...]
>
> Isdmain.o:Isdmain.cpp:(.text+0x9e65): undefined reference to
> `boost::thread::~thread()'
>
> [...]
>
> Isdmain.o:Isdmain.cpp:(.text+0xe23a): undefined reference to
> `boost::thread::thread()'
>
> [...]
>
> Isdmain.o:Isdmain.cpp:(.text$_ZN5boost6threadaSENS_6detail13thread_move_tIS0_EE[boost::thread::operator=(boost::detail::thread_move_t<boost::thread>)]+0x131):
> undefined reference to `boost::thread::~thread()'

Assuming your linker command-line is right ... can you tell if any
references are defined? Are you compiling with the BOOST_THREAD_USE_DLL
or BOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB flags? They're not well-documented but necessary
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4921>.

As a point of reference, the regression tests are linking correctly.