Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [ asio ] how to determine if a server is overloaded ?
From: ecyrbe (ecyrbe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-06 13:17:25

Server overload does not come from network overload, but from service
overload. If you can't serve (compute) more requests/s than the network
load, your server is overloaded...
You can compute your server overload by queuing requests. If your queue
becomes too big, you can consider that your server is under heavy pressure
and take appropriate measures to circumvent the flow of requests (load
balancing etc...)