Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [FunctionTypes] function_arity for non-built-ins
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-06 13:51:46

On 1/6/2011 12:32 PM, Larry Evans wrote:
> On 01/06/11 08:48, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
>> 2011/1/6 Hossein Haeri<powerprogman_at_[hidden]
>> <mailto:powerprogman_at_[hidden]>>
>>
>> Hi Roman,
>>
>> > This is actually possible in most cases. Check this nice article
>> by Eric
>> > Niebler:
>> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/doc/html/proto/appendices.html#boost_proto.appendices.implementation.function_arity
>>
>> This is beautiful, thanks! :) So, from the description, it seems
>> like this can_be_called guy (or its siblings) is in heavy use for
>> Proto. Does Proto then also port this as a part of its toolbox? Or,
>> is it only for internal use and I'll need to craft my own version of it?
>>

>> Unfortunately, there's no official boost implementation of
>> can_be_called. You'll have to roll your own version.
>>

> Eric's code was used as a basis for a variadic templates implementation
> of can_be_called which is available here:
>

> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/variadic_templates/boost/function_types/can_be_called.hpp
>
> A use is shown here:
>

> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/variadic_templates/boost/composite_storage/pack/multiple_dispatch/apply_unpack.hpp

Are you still working on the variadic templates sandbox project ? What
is the project meant to do ? It looks like you are using variadic
templates for various Boost libraries.

I am interested in using variadic templates in a sandbox project in
which I am working, so I was interested when I saw your variadic
templates library, but there was no explanation or documentation there.